"ABRAXIA THE DANCER" by JTK.CA -- (23 Poems)

bit.ly/AbraxiaTheDancer
is the quick link to this page.

"ABRAXIA THE DANCER" contains 23 of my poems inspired by a woman named Abraxia.
She is real; her name is not. I used to have an unrequited crush on Abraxia;
we were never more than friends.

TAD is "JTK.CA" NudistPoet
Jonathan Tad Ketchen (Creative Adventurer)

2007-12-07

"LONG-DISTANCE CALL ACROSS TIME ZONES AND YEARS" by JTK.CA

"LONG-DISTANCE CALL ACROSS TIME ZONES AND YEARS" by JTK.CA
Tad@NudistPoet.com
Copyright © JONATHAN TAD KETCHEN
http://NudistPoet.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was going to write a note
To remind myself...
But how could I forget
When out of the blue,
"Who are you?"
Came from her nervous mouth.

The one whom I had treasured all these years
Was close to tears
As she told me of her fears
Of me getting too close to her.

I confessed my obsession over her
But that it had slowly abated
Through the years
As I got over my tears.

When I promised not to get too close,
We came closer to an understanding,
And we both stopped shaking.

It was very close to being the end,
But I hope, instead,
That we've sculpted a new beginning.
Only time will tell
As the years spin on
And I learn to write songs
About
Not saying too much,
Not showing too much,
Learning to respect her wishes over mine.

Truth sometimes hurts,
But it makes things a lot easier
Than if it had never come along.

No comments: