"ABRAXIA THE DANCER" by JTK.CA -- (23 Poems)

bit.ly/AbraxiaTheDancer
is the quick link to this page.

"ABRAXIA THE DANCER" contains 23 of my poems inspired by a woman named Abraxia.
She is real; her name is not. I used to have an unrequited crush on Abraxia;
we were never more than friends.

TAD is "JTK.CA" NudistPoet
Jonathan Tad Ketchen (Creative Adventurer)

2008-02-02

"THE CONTINUING QUEST TOWARD UNDERSTANDING MYSELF..." by JTK.CA

"THE CONTINUING QUEST TOWARD UNDERSTANDING MYSELF (Based on an Imaginary Conversation)" by JTK.CA
Tad@NudistPoet.com
Copyright © JONATHAN TAD KETCHEN (JTK.CA)
http://NudistPoet.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You ask me to name my favourite song.
I ask you to say where we went wrong.
My favourite song is Suzanne Vega's "The Queen and the Soldier."
You answer me,
"We went wrong in another song we shared,
One that made you hope I cared,
But my friend, I know this cannot be."
You ask me to play a different tune.
I answer you, "It's much too soon."
I ask you for a shred of hope.
You say, "That would mean your hope's in shreds."

Well, you've conquered me.
I don't know what I want,
My hope's in shreds,
And all my dreams are dead.

But I love you still.
And I still feel this feeling I'm not sure I feel anymore.
I still wish for things with pessimism,
Still cry these lonely (but not sure they're lonely) tears.
Late teens and early twenties--The Confusing Years.

No comments: