"ABRAXIA THE DANCER" by JTK.CA -- (23 Poems)

bit.ly/AbraxiaTheDancer
is the quick link to this page.

"ABRAXIA THE DANCER" contains 23 of my poems inspired by a woman named Abraxia.
She is real; her name is not. I used to have an unrequited crush on Abraxia;
we were never more than friends.

TAD is "JTK.CA" NudistPoet
Jonathan Tad Ketchen (Creative Adventurer)

2008-03-23

"VACATION SONG {'...now I have forever (sort of).' --Abraxia}" by JTK.CA

"VACATION SONG
{'...now I have forever (sort of).'
--Abraxia}" by JTK.CA
Tad@NudistPoet.com
Copyright © JONATHAN TAD KETCHEN (JTK.CA)
http://NudistPoet.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A vacation lasts forever in the mind,
Though surrounded by work on both sides.
But in this finite eternity I shall hide.
Yes, "now I have forever (sort of)."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tad's Note:
"...now I have forever (sort of)" is a quote from a letter my
friend Abraxia wrote to me. I thought it was one of
the most profound statements I'd ever read, so I incorporated
it into this poem, "VACATION SONG." In the mid-1990's I put out
a book of my first 482 poems which I called "MEMORIES OF TOMORROW";
however, during the compilation process, one of the collection's working titles was
"NOW I HAVE FOREVER (SORT OF)."

No comments: